September 2, 2012

Heat Wave!

So the hot flashes are in full force. At first I wasn't sure I was even having them. It's the middle of summer after all. Being hot is my default state.

Gradually I began to notice the difference between being outside-hot and inside-hot. When I'm hot because of the weather, my skin gets warm. When a hot flash hits, it's like a furnace clicks on in the center of my chest. Heat spreads out from my core and radiates off my skin. I feel like I could power a small town with the energy blasting from my body.

The flashes don't last too long, and at first they were kind of cool (no pun intended). Normal normal normal I'M A MINI SUN! normal normal normal. Now, though, they're happening ALL THE TIME.

I estimate I have about one an hour when I'm awake. Hot/spicy food or exercise seem to trigger flashes. Last night I woke up three times gasping for air and scrambling to turn on the fan.

The novelty has definitely worn off.

However, the hot flashes are infinitely preferable to the endomees. I feel physically excellent, and going supernova regularly seems a fair exchange.

2 comments:

  1. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine... :)

    So are they expected to last throughout this process or should they go away soon? I had them during pregnancy but it was Aussie winter, so I just got to be the freak wearing a singlet and shorts whilst my hubbie was rugged up in his North Face coat. Haha!

    Another weird experience is cold sweats. Done that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. At first they came infrequently, but now they're coming more often, so maybe they'll taper off..? I go in for my next BatShot this week and I'll ask then. They will end when I stop the BatShots, of course, in December.

    Jenna always giggles when I start fanning myself in class, and I always give her a dirty look, then grin. It's a fun little ritual.

    No cold sweats yet, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Rude and/or overly dramatic posts will not be published.