April 26, 2013

Gratitude

I felt like blogging tonight because I have a trip tomorrow--I'm going to the Calgary Comic Expo. We'll be waking up early tomorrow and as I prepared for bed, I thought about taking an herbal sleep supplement to make sure I get a good rest. I haven't taken sleep aids in a while. As I went to get the bottle, I remembered how last February we took a different trip, to Mexico. Puerto Vallarta. I brought Buscopan, Advil, and Nytol with me. At night I slept propped up on pillows and needed the Nytol to (hopefully) sleep through the back pain that would come intermittently. The last night of our trip I skipped dinner with friends because my endomees were acting up.

I don't know how long this phase will last, but I'm so grateful. So glad I can be going to bed with nothing but a little valerian to help me sleep through a fuzzy cat butt on my face. Glad I'll be leaving in the morning with nothing stronger in my medicine bag than Claritin in case my allergies act up. The freedom of not worrying where I'll stop to use the bathroom along the 4 hour drive is immeasurable. I wanted to jot down the happiness of these small moments as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rude and/or overly dramatic posts will not be published.